1 package Slo Moe’s Slo Wood Smoked Pork
10ml olive oil
½ small onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, crushed
1 tbs of chipotle seasoning
400g tin chopped tomatoes
½ cup chicken stock
1 tsp brown sugar
8 small corn tortillas
1 tsp of cayenne pepper
1 tsp of ground cumin
50g sliced pickled jalapenos, chopped, plus a splash of the pickling liquid
½ cup sour cream
1 cup cheddar, grated
Spring onion, finely sliced, to serve
Red chilli, finely sliced, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan-forced.
- Heat the oil in a pot over low heat and fry the onion until golden. Add the garlic and chipotle seasoning and sauté for another 2 minutes. Add the tin of diced tomatoes and stock. Season with a pinch of sugar, cayenne pepper, paprika and cumin. Leave to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the Slo Moe’s Pork, sliced jalapeños and pickling liquid to the tomato mixture. Leave to simmer for another 8-10 minutes, until the meat is heated through.
- Heat the corn tortillas according to packet instructions. Set to one side.
- Spread a third of the mixture in an ovenproof dish. Spoon another third
of the mixture into the tortillas and then roll them up. Then place the rolled-up tortillas in the dish. Pour
the rest of the mixture over the dish, then evenly dollop sour cream across the dish. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese and bake for 20 minutes, until the cheese is golden brown. Leave to stand for 5 minutes, then garnish with spring onion and chilli. Comfort food heaven!