1 packet Slo Moe’s Slo Wood Smoked Lamb
20ml olive oil
2 carrots, peeled, diced
½ leek (white part only), thinly sliced
1 brown onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
½ cup red cooking wine
½ cup beef stock
50g frozen peas
1 tsp ground paprika
1 tbs parmesan, grated
700g royal blue or desiree potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
½ cup pouring cream
1 tbs butter
- Preheat oven to 220°C fan-forced.
- Heat the olive oil in a large casserole dish over medium heat, then add carrot,leek and onion. Cook until the vegetables are softened. Add garlic, a dash of wine and season with salt and pepper. Add stock and simmer over low heat for an hour.
- Meanwhile, place the potato in a pan of cold salted water over high heat. Bring to a boil and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to pan. Mash using a potato masher. Add cream and butter, season with salt and pepper and beat to combine.
- Add the Slo Moe’s Slo Lamb, passata and frozen peas to your vegetable mixture. Stir through until everything is well combined and season. Transfer your lamb mixture to a pie dish and top with potato mash.
- Sprinkle the mash with parmesan and paprika and cook in the oven for 10-15 minutes or until the potato is golden. Serve the pie hot and settle in for a cosy meal that will warm you up from the inside out.